I realized, the other day, that many tips offered in the form of marketing such as ‘get a Facebook page’ or ‘use Twitter’ forget to tell you that both Facebook and Twitter also require marketing. In fact, many ideas seem to include getting out there in the World Wide Web, but if you do, you should understand a few things;
- Anything you do requires you to find ways to network and to be FOUND on the searches.
- Web sites and blogs need META tags which enable Google and other search engines to find you. You need a Title tag, Description tag, and keywords in which visitors use to look you up.
- Much like writing, blogging, using twitter, and even Facebook have an audience, and you must write to that audience. For instance, on my Facebook page, I stick to local stuff. For my Twitter, I go more global, and focus on writing and business.
- Link your accounts together. I recently made settings so that my blog posts automatically post to my Twitter and Facebook accounts. How you do this depends on the blogging service you use. You can also use Live Writer and download plug ins to do it for you.
- Make sharing easy by adding the share buttons to sites like Google+, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and others.
There are tons more tips, which I will add in future posts. I think marketing also requires engaging posts, and the audience who shares, so if enjoy my posts, please let others know!