I discovered the wonder of Evernote, and tend to enjoy any note-taking service that helps to make writing easier. As a blogger, I find ideas for topics tend to pop up while I cruise through the Web, or almost anytime I’m doing something. When I realized Evernote has an Iphone app, I was ecstatic.
Now whenever those ideas pop into my head, I can easily jot them down into Evernote. Its free, and pretty easy to understand the concept of notebook and notes. I sort by notebooks, adding notes and links as I need to. You can also add web pages, pictures, and files too.
Another handy note-taking service is Google Notebook. It works much the same way, but I have yet to see an IPhone/Ipad app, or the add-on program that Evernote offers.
Google Notebook is also free, and easy to use. I keep an icon on my web site toolbar.
- Keep track of word counts
- Add writer’s prompts and challenges
- Keep track of titles, characters, or even summarize your book by chapters within a notebook.
- Jot down notes as you need to.
- Keep track of ideas, prompts, and topics to write about.
- Add links to other blogs you want to mention. (I file these under ‘bloggable’)
- Create a blog schedule