Here are the best tips on how not to write;
- Check email…a lot. Don’t just check it once, you should check email every so often just in case someone sent you a forwarded funny. Its not like those email alerts can tell you when. Check for yourself. Spam and those forwarded jokes may delete themselves later if you don’t read them right away.
- Spend lots of time planning the story/book, but don’t actually write anything. This takes up lots of time and helps you avoid the painful process of getting your work done. You can even tell people you’re ‘researching’ even though you’re not going to use what you find.
- Check all your social networks to see what everyone is up to. I know Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and many other web sites provide endless amounts of ways to waste time. Like email, checking more than once a day also helps keep you from your writing.
- Let the phone, doorbell, friends, and family interrupt your day. This helps break up concentration and focus so you can continue to avoid the end of your story.
- Use excuses. You can find tons of excuses as to why you’re not writing. You have other obligations that are more important, like washing the dog or needing to fold laundry. Your novel can wait.
With very little effort, you too can’t find excuses to not write.