I’ve been working on this April Daily Vlog Challenge I put to myself, to vlog every day. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to talk about just one subject, but I decided to pick a few days out of each week to talk about writing.
The video “Top 10 Things I Learned About Writing” includes that which I discovered as truths to the writing process.
- Doubt is part of the writing process.
- You don’t need to start at the very beginning of a novel.
- Good spelling, grammar, and punctuation are the tools of our trade- don’t underestimate them!
- Learn the writing rules to better understand when and where you can break them.
- Feedback is essential to the writing process.
- There is no secret (no special trick) to writing.
- Rejection is a part of the publishing process.
- Self publishing is quickly losing its stigma as a publishing cheat.
- Different genres of writing often have different rules.
- Final drafts are crap (and should you shouldn’t expect them to be perfect)
In the video, I go over a bit more depth over each, but bear in mind that I’m still getting used to the vlogging medium, and a bit nervous still about presenting myself. I’d appreciate ideas, comments, feedback (constructive), and hope you enjoy the video.